Friday, February 1, 2013

Forgiveness......

Colossians 3:13 " Be gentle and forebearing with one another and, if one has a difference a grievance, or complaint against another, readily pardoning each other; even as the Lord has freely, forgiven you, so you must also forgive." Amplified Bible

Forgiveness involves a three fold promise.....
1) I will forgive those who have wronged me and not keep it alive in my mind, will or emotions.
2) I will not bring up the subject again to the one I forgave or to anyone else. I will leave it at the alter where I lay it without holding a grudge.
3) I will on purpose walk in forgiveness so that when I need forgiveness it will be given to me.

Do you need forgiveness or need to extend forgiveness to someone else? Today is a great day to extend forgiveness for we know not what the future holds. Why be waited down with unforgiveness when you can walk in the freedom that forgiveness provides for you. Remember that unforgiveness only hurts you as the other person has most likely moved on and does not have a clue that you are hurting or allowing a slight to fester.

No comments:

Post a Comment